We are seeking a positive, experienced and creative Kindergarten Curriculum Manager with a genuine passion for teaching young learners in an established Kindergarten in Beijing.
The program is provided by Shine Childcare Ltd from England, a prestigious Kindergarten operator with a number of Ofsted Outstanding settings delivering the highest levels of care and education. Shine Childcare is our Curriculum partner and we work together to ensure we operate to the highest possible standards, supported by a network of Curriculum Directors and trainers. We use Shine’s International Bilingual Curriculum specifically designed for China and this includes nine areas of learning and a great deal of support and teaching materials. This stimulating approach encourages creativity and self-expression and educates the whole child, physically, intellectually, socially and academically.
We are looking for professional, responsible, patient teachers that understand that early years are critical to a child’s development and it is the period where the foundations for their social skills, self-esteem, perceptions of the world are established as well as the development of their cognitive skills.
You will have support from a unique curriculum designed to engage and stimulate your students with a variety of materials from flashcards, songs, stories and videos as well as all the resources you will need to keep your classes engaging. English classes are followed by games for the children, exercises, play time and other activities throughout the week Monday to Friday with breaks allowing you to freshen up.
- Manage a team of dedicated and passionate English speaking Kindergarten Teachers
- Mentor, train and develop staff skills and knowledge and promote the continuous development plan
- Work with your local Bilingual Curriculum Manager to co-ordinate lessons and develop best practice in all areas
- Plan lessons that achieve learning objectives and curriculum goals and keep looking for those all-important next steps
- Create a positive classroom environment
- Establish and maintain effective behaviour management strategies
- Ensure children’s progress is observed, evaluated and recorded and monitor the progress of learning and development for all children
- Perform administrative duties as required
Managing and Teaching in our Kindergarten’s requires energy and a positive fun-loving attitude. If you enjoy the more creative side of teaching, developing games and activities of an educational nature and being part of your students complete development while teaching in a joyful, comfortable, safe and professional multi-cultural environment then we want to hear from you.
- Bachelor degree with minimum of 2 Years relevant work experience in a management role
- Holder of a valid passport
- Valid visa for China (we can advise you in terms of what you need to do)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters Degree
- ESL early childhood education experience (preschool preferred)
- TEFL/TESOL/ELL Certification (unless degree is in early Childhood Education)
- Responsible, dedicated and professional and passionate in teaching young learners
- Disciplined and a good team player
- Clean criminal record (You will be subject to a criminal records check prior to starting the position.)
- Able to complete a 12 month commitment
Required Language Skills:
- English – Advanced
Additional Information / Benefits
- Excellent salary: 14,000 to 25,000 RMB per month (depending on position, qualifications, certification, teaching ability and proven management experience)
- Free accommodation or housing allowance per month
- Assistance in finding accommodation if needed
- Paid holidays
- Legal work visa
- Insurance provided
- Professional in-depth training with on-going program supervision
- Airport pick up
- Access to a liaison officer
- Support both in China and from UK
Preferred method of contact: Email with CV